Thursday 20 February 2014

Books I will review here throughout the year

So I've planned ahead and sourced a book from each of the UNESCO World Heritage places that appear on the list for 2014. Some were easier to identify a writer (or a number of writers) than others but I've settled on my listing for the year, that also doesn't mean I won't add more books or writers from the featured countries, this is just my baseline.

March – Zambia – Binwell Sinyangwe – A Cowrie of Hope
April – Tanzania – Abdulrazak Gurnah – Paradise
May – Denmark – Pia Juul – The Murder of Halland
June – Bangladesh – Shaukat Osman – The State Witness
July – Chad – Joseph Brahim Seid - Told by Starlight in Chad
August – Mexico – Cristina Rivera Garza – No One Will See Me Cry
September – New Zealand – Janet Frame (yet to decide)
October – Saint Lucia – Garth St Omer – A Room On The Hill
November – South Africa – Chris Barnard - Bundu
December - Norway – Karl Ove Knausgard – My Struggle – Part 3

Feel free to let me know if you think there would be better books to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment